Sunday, September 27, 2026

She did, he did, I didn't

Last weekend, Colby officially joined the family and Hayley got a new last name. The entire event was absolutely beautiful and full of love, at least the parts of it I got to see. Work has been so horribly crazy lately that I found myself trapped in the car, tethered to my phone for wi-fi, praying that my battery didn't die, and sweating down my black-tie gown while desperately trying to coax Grok to write fast enough for me to not miss the entire wedding. After missing the ceremony, I stepped out for family photos, but got sucked in again and only emerged for real starting at the tail end of the cocktail hour. Everyone was beautiful, well-behaved, and even down for a cousins' hoe-down. I think it slipped into the background just how very lucky I am to be a part of the Aloia clan. This family really is a very special crew.

Hayley and Colby have tied the knot!




No comments:

Post a Comment