Monday, April 15, 2024

So far so good

We're down to 4 healthy embryos at Day 3: Cleavage stage. The embryos are progressing exactly as we'd been told to expect, but that doesn't make it any less terrifying. I've already been warned of the anticipated 50% drop-off from now until Thursday when we'll get our final growth update. Any embryos that have made it that far will undergo biopsy and cryopreservation, and then we've got to survive another two whole weeks before getting the biopsy results.

Our embryos' Day 3 report

It's insane to me that I'm supposed to just go to work and be a productive human being while our future child(ren) may or may not be progressing through the first few days of their existence. I understand that any traditional conception would leave the parents completely in the dark for this stage, but I don't think I was mentally prepared for these natural uncertainties. Nicolas and my future hangs in the delicate balance of an environmentally-controlled Petri dish. It's dizzyingly surreal.

Quite the news to mark seven years of marriage!

No comments:

Post a Comment