Monday, January 29, 2024

We did it!

Neuralink - no longer just for monkeys (and other furry friends)

It's been seven years in the making for the company at large, and a week shy of six that I've been a part of it. The marathon of sleep-deprived nights, tears, frustration, and joyous breakthroughs all led to this Sunday morning. And now a new countdown begins: days since Neuralink has been a device used by humans. It's still surreal - I may be furiously crunching numbers streaming from our clinical trial participant's brain, but I don't even know his first name. Nicolas put it aptly as though we're Apollo 11 and we've just stuck the landing. We're on the precipice of that one small step, but the shuttle door hasn't opened just yet. I can't wait to help make this giant leap for mankind. But for now, I should probably sleep, if I can still remember how.

No comments:

Post a Comment